Thursday, January 7, 2010

100 Days challenge - the first 7 days

Thank you Linda, this has been fun focusing each day, and finding an image to illustrate my journey.

Day 1 01/01/10

The first day of a new year, and like most people I was in no mood to greet the dawn, having had a very late night.

For me, it is important that I get enough sleep. I need my eight hours or I am cranky, and more likely to eat all those things that I am trying to eliminate from my diet.

Day 2 02/01/10

Saturday is my shopping day. So my very comfy Dunlop volleys, get a workout around the supermarket, and for a wander around the rest of the shopping precent.

This is the only day of the week that I manage to accumulate 10,000 steps. So these shoes do much more work than the hideously impractical dress shoes I spend the week days in.


Day 3 03/01/10

Sunday is the relaxing day of the week in this house. The day to recharge the batteries and to plan the coming week. This day I pulled out my recipe books, and selected some dishes to put on the to do list.

My latest acqisition in Jane Kennedy's " Fabulous food, minus the boombah". I love the no nonsense, no excuses accepted introduction, and I have a few of the recipes on my to do list.

Day 4 04/01/10

The first day back at work after Christmas, so the activity level was decreased. The curse of driving a desk I guess.
I play a game with myself here. I can only buy a morning cappuccino if I get to work early, and go for a walk around the block first. I still work into my points, but this way it seems like a little reward, to start the day right.

Day 5 05/01/10
With the warmer weather here, it is so much easier to drink my water. I usually switch to herbal teas in winter, so that I can warm my hands around the mug.
I have learned to like tap water, since coming to Weight Watchers, which is a much of a surprise to me as to anyone else. However I do prefer filtered water, and this jug is just the right size for me.

Day 6 06/01/10
Wednesday is my meeting day. I have an abysmal attendance record, but I am hanging in there. I finish work at 5:30, and the meeting is a t 5:30, so it is an interesting juggling act.
Yes I am still working on a 2008 record book - and on week 17 at that, but I am going to fill it before I start another one. (Did I mention that I can be pig-headed)
Day 7 07/01/10
Today has not been the best foodwise. A rushed lunch at 2:00 is not a good idea, especially when you are not prepared, and have to take your chances with the local cafe.
Today's picture is the jigsaw I started over Christmas, and have done a bit more to each night. It keeps me from sitting in front of the idiot box thinking about what I would like to nibble on.











2 comments:

  1. Ikkkkk to water! I can't stand the stuff..... tap, filtered, flavoured, in any form! WW's told me I could not lose weight without drinking at least 6 glasses of the stuff EVERY DAY! I lost 61 kilos and didn't drink a drop! Pffffft! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your first week of the challenge. (I keep missing weeks myself, don't always get around to posting). It looks like you made lots of healthy choices! I like the idea of the walk around the block to earn the cappuccino and also the jigsaw in the evening to stop nibbling. Hope this week went well for you too!

    ReplyDelete