Thursday, March 19, 2009

A surprise loss

For various reasons I have not been to a meeting for three weeks until last night. Having been away from home, and eaten out in that period, I was mentally prepared for a gain. This belief was reinforced by the fact that it was TTOM as well. Well there I was prepared to be "happy" as long as the scales were 92Kgs or thereabouts. And I was only 90.9. Fancy an only in front of that number LOL, but you know what I mean.

It took me so long to get back into the swing of things after Christmas, and then my routine was thrown again, when I was away from home, so this is a really good result all things considered. I now have renewed enthusiasm to re-commit to the journey.

The thing that I have learned since joining weight watchers is that I am never going to be perfect in my food choices, and I shouldn't aim to be so. That would just set me up for a failure. I need to learn when to stop. To learn to have a taste (not the whole bloomin' bowl). This is getting easier, and to be honest I don't feel that I am missng out just because I am imposing some sensible limits. And the proof has been that I can loose even when I do not track properly and when I am not in control of the choices.

Thank you for the kind comments on my first post. It is nice to know that there are others on the same journey, and that there is support out there. I will pluck up the courage to comment on other blogs one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment