Saturday, March 28, 2009

I need to get serious

I have been treading water of late. I have managed to maintain, just about, but I am not loosing. My big problem is the fact that I often find myself having to fit in with others, which means that I am either rushing meal times, or delaying meals. All of this means that I am making stupid choices either from lack of time or because I am too tired to give a damn.

So I have decided to do some planning. If I have the weeks menu planned, and the ingredients on hand, and even do some pre-preparation over the weekend I will have no excuse. I have assembled a pile of recipe books, and I am going to plan a week's menu. I am sure that this is common sense to many, but it has taken me some time to get to this point. I think that part of the problem is that I am not a cook. I do not enjoy cooking, and am happy to take all the short-cuts available to man and to keep using the same standbys. This will take some re-thinking for me.

I admire people who can do interesting and different dishes each day. I want my meals to be fuss free, and I do not want to spend hours in the kitchen each evening, because I will then snack while I am waiting for the meal to be ready.

I hope that sorting out how to stay on track, by being organised will be the final piece of the puzzle.

I know that my food choices have improved, and that I do not each as much junk as I did just a few months ago, so I know that I can do this. But it seems that I need to take baby steps and to do a little bit more each week or month.

1 comment:

  1. A menu plan is a fantastic idea, especially if you don't like cooking much. It takes all the stress out of it. I hate deciding what to cook, thats the worse part and with a menu plan its all out of the way!
    As for snacking while cooking...raw carrots are your best friend. They take ages to eat and are super yummy. Carrots are an overlooked superfood I think.
    Thanks for visiting my blog, I loved your comment.
    Joanne.

    ReplyDelete